Wednesday, September 23, 2015

REVIEW - ASSUMPTION (Underground Kings 1)


TITLE:   Assumption (Underground Kings 1)
AUTHOR: Aurora Rose Reynolds   www.AuroraRoseReynolds.com
Add ASSUMPTION to your GoodReads To-Read shelf
Follow the author on social media... Facebook    Instagram   Twitter
Release Date:  August 25, 2014
Read Date:  September 20, 2015
Purchase Links
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
iBooks

BLURB:
[as·sump·tion:]
a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.
-They say when you assume that you make an ass out of you and me-
Kenton Mayson learned this lesson firsthand when he made assumptions about Autumn Freeman and the kind of woman she is based on what little information he had. What he finds out is she’s not only beautiful, but also smart, funny, a fighter, and exactly the kind of woman he wants to share his life with. Autumn made assumptions of her own about Kenton, and now he needs to prove her wrong in order to protect her and their future.

REVIEW:
*****FIVE STARS*****
ALL HAIL Aurora Rose Reynolds.
I needed to find my way back to those authors we love when we find ourselves in a book slump. I was in deep. I never leave a book unfinished. Maybe it's the OCD in me, regardless that put me in a bad spot lately with what I was reading and wasn't happy with. THANK-GOD for my FAV authors. I found this listed on Aurora Rose Reynold's GoodReads list and one-clicked both of the UNDERGROUND KING books available so far. This being the book one. I wasn't aware that Keenan was a Mayson man and featured in Until Nico. My FAB booksister Alicia (@abooklover83) reminded me... So, like all bibliophiles and fangirls, I went back and read the parts where he appeared and I'll go ahead and let ya in... Kennan the cousin to the Until Series Mayson men...appeared in Nico's kitchen to speak to him and met Sophie for the first time, needing to speak to Nico about some things concerning his own situation, which is the gest for this book. ASSUMPTION is, so far exactly what I was hoping for from Aurora. I am maybe a little bit past half way and very happy. 9/19/2015

100% completed in the book and my little bibliophile heart is happy. There was much more going on than some of the previous books of hers I have read, not mentioning that as a bad thing. Aurora paced us through all the stuff going on and somehow tied it all in a nice little alpha saves the damn day bow! I was a little worried with the things I knew that needed to be concluded. They were closed out nicely and I didn't feel as though she threw it together at the end to wrap it up, there have been books where I was like.. wait, what? That's it.. and I didn't get that at all.

I'm still amazed that after all I've read in alpha book land, nothing about Kenton Mayson was basic or played out. He was original and even fed the part of me that was alpha empty for too long. I am not one that likes heroines in every book, I will say this... I LOVED that Autumn had baggage and that we were aware of it, but not having to go through chapter after chapter of inner dialogue with her inside her head and being back and forth with whether she wanted to go left or right, was just refreshing and perfect. Flowed great and she didn't wreck my nerves.

Satisfied and feel very "book full" with the ending. I know I'm not giving anything away by telling you that it was a fabulous and adorable HEA. Aurora likes to gives us our HEAs and we eat 'em up. So YES, I would hand this book suggestion out to anyone that asks for.. alpha, heroes, great smut, fun love story...and an HEA. XO
If your a fan of the Until series and haven't checked these out, Handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment